As of February 1, 2019, our office hours have changed. We are happy to speak with you in person but our office hours are by appointment only. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
Spring has finally arrived and this is the perfect time to get your apartment in order. Don’t let spring cleaning overwhelm you, instead divide up the responsibilities between roommates and tackle one item a day. In less than a month your checklist will be complete.
Spring Cleaning List
- clean your vacuum – add a freshening filter
- descale dishwasher – buy a dishwasher cleaner and follow the directions
- disinfect washer – buy a washing machine cleaner and follow the directions
- clean dryer
- wash curtains
- dust baseboards
- vacuum vents
- wash any rugs or air them out outside
- dust light fixtures and ceiling fans
- clean range hood
- de-gunk microwave
- scrub oven – buy an oven cleaner and let it do the work for you
- wipe inside your fridge
- clean out freezer
- throw out any expired items in pantry, fridge and freezer
- descale coffee maker
- dust bookshelves
- vacuum your mattress and reverse it
- wash comforters and pillow
- switch out your seasonal clothes
- donate any unwanted items
- wash your shower curtain
- change your shower curtain liner
- scrub bathroom grout
- recycle old papers
- clean keyboard and electronics
- vacuum staircases in your house to remove any access dirt
Happy Spring Cleaning!
Wishing you Happy Holidays and a joyful New Year!!
Best wishes from everyone at A&G Property Management
Our office hours during the Holiday Season:
Friday, 12/23 8am-4pm
Monday & Tuesday, 12/26-12/27 CLOSED
Wednesday, 12/28 8am-4pm
Thursday & Friday, 12/29-12/30 CLOSED
Monday, 1/2/2017 CLOSED
Regular business hours will resume on Tuesday, January 3rd at 10am.
The holiday season is upon us and pretty lights, candles and decorations are just a few items that bring cheer and charm to the holiday season. If not used properly your Holidays can go from festive to alarming.
We want you to enjoy your Holidays safely when decorating, traveling, or hosting and below you will find a few safety tips to follow provided by The American Red Cross as well as the National Safety Council.
Here are a few –
- Place Christmas trees, candles, and other holiday decorations at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, portable heaters, radiators, heat vents and candles.
- Purchase flame retardant metallic or artificial trees. If you purchase a real tree, make sure that it has fresh, green needles that aren’t easily broken. Keep live trees as moist as possible by giving them plenty of water.
- If you use an artificial tree, choose one that is tested and labeled as fire resistant. Artificial trees with built-in electrical systems should have the Underwriters Laboratory (UL) label.
- Make sure that light strings and other holiday decorations are in good condition. Do not use anything with frayed electrical cords and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Always unplug tree and holiday lights before leaving home or going to bed.
- Never use lit candles to decorate a tree.
- Always extinguish candles before leaving the room or going to bed.
- Use only sturdy tree stands designed not to tip over.
- Keep curious pets and children away from Christmas trees.
- Keep anything that can catch on fire—pot holders, oven mitts, wooden utensils, paper or plastic bags, food packaging, and towels or curtains—away from your stove top.
- Small children may think that holiday plants look good enough to eat, but many plants may be poisonous or can cause severe stomach problems. Plants to watch out for include: mistletoe, holly berries, Jerusalem cherry and amaryllis. Keep all of these plants out of children’s reach.
HOLIDAY HOME FIRES
• Nearly 47,000 fires occur during the winter holidays claiming more than 500 lives, causing more than 2,200 injuries, and costing $554 million in property damage.**
• On average, one of every 22 home fires started by Christmas trees result in death.***
• Candle fires are four times as likely to occur during the winter holidays.**
• During the winter holiday season, an average of 40 home fires per day are caused by children playing.**
• The number of home fires the American Red Cross has responded to has risen 10% since 2000.*
• Having a working smoke alarm reduces one’s chances of dying in a fire by nearly half.**
Sources: American Red Cross,* U.S. Fire Administration,** and the National Fire Protection Association.***
PLEASE TEST YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS AND CONTACT OUR OFFICE IF BATTERIES NEED TO BE REPLACED. Remember you should be testing your smoke detectors monthly.
We gather on this day to be thankful for what we have, for the family we love, the friends we cherish, and for the blessings that will come.
Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!
Office Hours for Thanksgiving 2016
Wednesday, November 23rd 8am-1pm
Thursday, Thanksgiving Day, November 24th CLOSED
Friday, November 25th CLOSED
Regular business hours will resume on Monday, November 28th at 8am.
If you experience an emergency issue such as no heat, no hot water, no water, an uncontrollable leak or other life threatening issue please contact the emergency number and as always follow up the call with an email.
Winter is upon us and it is always wise to check your windows making sure your storm windows are closed. Here is a brief video on how to close your storm windows. If you have any issues call our office and maintenance will be scheduled.
Living on your own for the first time can be exciting and overwhelming all at the same time.
We will be posting how to videos throughout our blog to help make the experience a little easier.
This is a video on how to use a washing machine.
Remember not all washing machines are the same, but the same rules apply. Check your clothing labels for additional info. As always if you have any questions reach out to our office.
Congratulations to the Chicago Cubs!!!
City of Chicago releases details for the 2016 Cubs World Series Parade !!!
GO CUBS GO!!!
Colder days are back in Chicago. Make sure your storm windows are closed during heavy winds and rains to help keep the cold out and warm in, keeping them closed throughout the winters months will also help lower your heating bills.
Here is a quick video we found on youtube on how to close your storm windows.
A few of our tenants have asked us to post simple DIY maintenance videos. This video shows how to safely light a pilot light on your gas stove. Always remember if you do not feel up to the task simply call us and we will schedule maintenance to stop by and complete this task for you. SAFETY FIRST!
Dear Tenants of A&G Property Management,
In the past few weeks our office has received complaints about missing packages or packages being delivered to the wrong address.
First and foremost we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, but due to the fact that our buildings do not have a doorman nor are we able to control the door and gates being locked 100% of the time, we too have completed some research in the hope in helping resolve the problem. Given the increase of ecommerce and the number of packages, groceries, etc. that are being delivered we checked into what some of the delivery companies offer as an alternative.
Amazon offers Amazon Lockers, the self-service delivery lockers are located in various locations through out the city and are used for pick up or returns of your amazon packages. In checking the locations many of the lockers are located in your area 7-Eleven stores. Please log into your Amazon account to check for specific locations. Amazon provides a pickup code to scan to pick up your package.
FedEx and UPS offer a variety of delivery services. Once you know which company will be delivering the package, you have the following options:
- Request that your package will be held at a nearby FedEx Office location or at the delivery station
- Require a signature on all deliveries
- Sign up for delivery alerts via email or phone
- Re-route your package to another address (work address if applicable)
- For FedEx Express shipments – delivery is available by a certain time provided by the recipient
- FedEx offers FedEx Evening Home Delivery or FedEx Appointment Home Delivery
- Sign up for delivery alerts via email or phone
- Request that your package will be held at a nearby UPS location
- Require a signature on all deliveries
- Re-route your package to another address, another day or choose a 2 hour confirmed delivery window
- Manage your home deliveries through an online delivery planner
- Tell your UPS driver where to leave your package if you aren’t home
As an additional note FedEx will not accept keys to the building, UPS on the other hand will accept a key but only the local driver will have that key. Which also does not solve the issue because if other trucks have a delivery that specific truck driver will not have a key and leave the package wherever they deem available.
We hope this will help in resolving the problem but please remember there is always an inherent risk of something delivered and just being left on the sidewalk or visible from the street by the front door if you are not home to accept the package.
A&G Property Management